Maharajji's neigbour Hanuman baba lived 176 yrs

Shri 1008 Shri Neem Karoli Sant Maharaj 
When you look for him in Vrindavan, Uttar Pradesh you won't find him. Vrindavan is one of the holiest place in India where Krishna lovers come and enjoy his love. Vrindavan can boast of great great saints who lived there like Haribaba, Meera ji, Sri ChaitnayMahaprabhu, Neem karoli baba, Devrah baba, Hanuman Das ji, Udia baba are some of the names which I can recall but the list is endless.

"For Saints VRINDAVAN is different - for us it's different- saints lives in BHAAV VRINDAVAN", - Shri Narayan Baba, follower of Shri Neem Karoli Maharaj 
Shri Narayan Baba 


I left Delhi early morning to find Shri Hanuman Das ji Maharaj - Narayan Baba  had told me about him. Only thing he remembered that Hanuman Das ji was the neighbour of Shri 1008 Shri Neem Karoli Sant Maharaj in Vrindavan. So, I asked Narayan Baba about the address and left Delhi. Vrindavan is just 135 kms away from Delhi and the road is good to ride. I reached Atala Chungi - Neem Karoli Baba's Ashram and Samadhi stahl in Vrindavan. I did Maharajji's Darshan - told him that todayI want to meet Shri Hanuman Das ji - kindly help. And you know he hears.

Maharajji's room in Vrindavan 


I stepped out of Neem Karoli babas Ashram just to find about Shri Hanuman Das ji Maharaj. But even after half an hour I just could not trace his house or ashram. Than I met a shepherd - Gwala - and asked him whether he knew about him. He said "Oh the longest living saint - just 500 meters there is a Gaushala - Cowshed - it belongs to him only - ask about him there only". I walked some distance to find out a Gaushala on the right handside of the road. Just bang opposite was a very tiny room with Hanumanji s Murti outside.  My heart was beating fast - because Shri Hanuman Baba was inside - I went into the room - and saw a very very aged man - who has entered into TIMELESSNESS  - is doing rounds on his Tulsi Mala.

Shri Shri 1008 Hanuman Das ji Maharaj - 176 yrs old.
No one uttered a word in his room - just a disciple who was also like 75 plus. He asked us who sent you. I whispered - Shri Narayan baba told me about him. He was enquiring because very few people used to come to him but surprisingly he had a 48 acre ashram in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh and one day he escaped in the night to reach Vrindavan.

"How we know that he is 176 yrs old - (at the time I met him) -
His disciple answered in1857 he was 10 yrs old when a Lala ji from Bareilly took him there because he possessed divine powers.
Hanuman baba became famous with people because whatever he used to say - happened. Infertile mothers used to have babies,  farmers used to have bumper crops and businessmen had a great business when he used to give blessings. But he did not want this so he escaped- other wise people in Bareilly organise a BIG mela in his name and baba don't even know that.

photo courtesy : anant vrindavan - Baba Hanuman Das ji 

I stayed for three hours with him and got to know that since the age of 90 he hasn't eaten anything except COW MILK. He loves his cows who are big in numbers and surprisingly everyday nearly everyday food comes for them automatically. He said Hanuman baba was great friends for Neem Karoli Baba, Udia baba and even he used to meet Devraha Baba and everyone used to respect him as saint.

Shri Hanuman baba with his old Disciple
For three hours Baba Hanuman Das never uttered anything except HARE KRISHNA - and no other word.... he was a saint of few words only. His disciple told baba of my presence and asked for his blessings on me. Baba was benevolent and gave me blessings and said

"THIS LIFE IS MEANT FOR HARE KRISHNA ONLY - TRY TO RECITE SIYA RAM ALL THE TIME" - 
Shri Shri 1008 Hanuman Das ji Maharaj

Baba has taken Mahasamdhi.

bhole baba ki jai


Comments

  1. It's a beautiful blogspot. I didn't know about the meeting of two great saints. I, as a child had met Haidakhan Baba ji many number of times. All I am today is because of HIS blessings. HE's always with HIS devotees. BHOLE BABA KI SADA HI JAI!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment