The Ghosts of Billigiriranganatha




A cottage - not the Ghost one 

Story by: Kapil kumar
location: B R Hills, District, Chamaraja, Karnataka

<script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
<script>
     (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({
          google_ad_client: "ca-pub-4283028315454231",
          enable_page_level_ads: true
     });
</script>

The stars in the sky seemed as if you can pluck them. The fire flies all around were creating a cosmic dance where energies can be seen up in the sky and their dance on the ground. Scientists like Nikola Tesla who always believe in the working of energies would have really enjoyed this night at B R Hills, Karnataka. B R Hills or Billigiriranganatha is a dense forest in Eastern Ghats of the country and still tourists seldom go there. 

Dense Forest at B R Hills 


This dense forest is inhabited by SOLIGAS - a tribe that hardly used to interact with outsiders till Dr Sudarshan, a doctor by profession, made this jungle his home. He created a school, a college, hospitals for them with off course a team of dedicated people. It happened that my brother friend Ramesh Muniyappa was kind enough to take us to that place that is hidden from the glamour world and wher some karma yogis working silently in the woods. 



Mataji of B R Hills


As we sat under the sky and enjoying the fire fly dance - with off course a cup of freshly brewed SOUTH INDIAN COFFEE - we were talking to Mataji - that how did you survived this jungle since 1979. I wanted to hear some ghost element from her - waiting for something to come out. She started by saying JUNGLE has it s own ways and you can never know that awaits you here. It's a life adventure or life wisdom to live in a forest because some mystical energies do help you because to live away from the cities can kill you - if subtle energies from the jungle don't help you out. But she cleverly jumped the Ghost question. 
The GHOST House - in B R Hills



At 10 pm Mataji asked her to retire to our cottage... We were allowed a cottage which was like ELEPHANT proof. This means that it can stand any Elephant attack if that happens in the night. There were two floors in that.. I chose the first floor just to peep out in the night and spot some wildlife. Ramesh Bhaiya and tony slept on the ground floor. So I began my adventurous night by standing near a window that had a view of the jungle in front of me and also an open ground too. I had a torch and like a child I was just playing with it and trying to spot something that I can boast of in the morning. But, nothing absolutely no wildlife spotted at that time. 


The Thick forest of B R Hills

So, I returned to bed and tried to close my eyes. A very unusual sound entered my ears - the sound was "CHAMM CHAMM CHAMM".... If you are co relate her about a woman wearing a payal - an ornament - in her legs and she is moving up and down - so the ghungroos they start ringing - People who know that sound can understand a bit faster - but imagine a dark night - with utter silence - in a dense jungle and now you listen to this sound CHAMM CHAMM CHAMM ..... as if a woman taking a midnight walk in the lawns... 
The Ghost Road in B R Hills


Slowly the sound was getting louder and was creating a loop - a proper loop enough to terrify me. After sometime I tried to be a little courageous. I took my torch and thought to encounter this lady - whosoever it may be - LET IT BE - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.... I went to the window and lit my torch and again I found nothing  - but now I thought I have committed a mistake as now the paranormal energy will surely attack me ... or may be she might peep inside the window to scare me.... 


View from my Ghost Cottage


Now, I went to the ground floor only to find Tony and Ramesh Bhaiya sleeping as if there is no tomorrow - So I had to face this evil spirit on my own. But Why evil ? She hasn't tried anything to make me scared .... but now I was hallucinating with ideas - about her looks and size. I saw my watch it was 4 am already - Now I thought I am saved because this is Brahm muhurat or Angle time and no bad soul can come at this time. With these ideas I slept and woke up around 9 am 




Ramesh Bhaiya took us to a mess to eat the B R Hills special Dosa - he looked at me and asked what Happened ? I narrated him the entire story and he laughed. He said it happened with me in 1990 - and I was dead scared - but in the morning Dr Sudarshan told me that its an insect which creates this sound..... 



Comments

Post a Comment